Our Doctors of Optometry take great pride in providing comprehensive and emergency eye care to all individuals ensuring the highest quality of care and personalized service. Our doctors take the time to listen to their patients, and address any concerns, answer any questions, and provide the best vision health care possible.
At Oceanside Optometry Clinic we feel our patients deserve the best. As a result we include advanced testing and imaging in all our full diagnostic eye exams.
The Eye Exam
The vision and eye health assessment at Oceanside Optometry Clinic can be broken down into 2 parts:
The first part is the health examination.
Having 20/20 vision is no guarantee of having healthy eyes. We will perform diagnostic eye health tests that allow the Doctors to evaluate the present and future status of your eyes, the necessary follow up along with possible further testing when medically necessary. Together this is the basis of preventative eye care.
Second, is the vision examination.
We will use a series of lenses to evaluate your personal best achievable vision. Our evaluation includes assessing your comfort and clarity at all distances, so we know how to help you with that pesky computer strain or nighttime driving problem you’re having. A prescription will be issued so that individual eye wear recommendations can be made.
Ask us why some patients may even get better than 20/20 vision after our examination!
- Complete medical and ocular history
- Visual acuity (sight testing)
- Binocular vision evaluation (how the 2 eyes work together)
- Refraction (precise prescription determination)
- Eye pressure evaluation
- Final diagnosis, recommendation and prescription
- Internal and external ocular examination with pupil dilation if required (for the detection of eye diseases like glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts as well as signs of possible systemic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, MS)
- Visual Field Measurement and Assessment
- Advanced Glaucoma Screening
- HRT III and OCT Optic Nerve and Macular Scans
- Contact Lens Medical Management
- Digital Retinal Imaging
- Pachymetry - central corneal thickness measurement